Monday, June 27, 2011

Dear Scarlett


Dear Scarlett,

I wish you could stay this small forever. You're still tiny, never having caught up from the rough first year, particularly the first 6 months, but you're absolutely perfect to me. Your hair is finally growing and you're allowing me to put clips in to keep your bangs out of your eyes. You're so incredibly smart and amaze me everyday. You've learned approximately 80 bajillion new words in the last 2 months which just blows my mind. You're gentle and patient with other kids and always show concern when someone hurts themselves. You're also incredibly curious and full of boundless energy and love to point at mama's phone saying "song!" and then dance your tiny bum off. I can't believe you're going to be 2 in less than 2 months.

Quitting my job and staying home with you has been the best decision I have ever made. Spending so much time with you, whether it's a happy or frustrating time, is making me a better mama and all around better person. I love you, my little chip-toothed, wispy-haired pixie.

Love,
Mama

1 comment: