Thursday, August 25, 2011

A few things

Washing dishes, Scarlett is dancing to music. She stops dancing for a moment to run over and hug my leg. I look down and she purses her lips. Bend down, she gives me a sloppy, wet kiss. Runs off smiling and continues to dance. Love.

It has been a rough couple of weeks but my goodness do I love that child. Sometimes it seems that I love her so much it hurts. It's heartbreaking and beautiful to be a mother. Watching them find such joy in simple things and learn and grow. But then there are times when you see them fall and hurt themselves and you hurt too. Or realize just how quickly they're growing and you can do nothing to stop it. Thinking that one day she will have her own life and will be the vibrant, self-assured woman that you can see her growing to be. Beautiful and heartbreaking.

Quit the binky cold turkey over a week ago and then we all came down with a nasty virus that we're still fighting. It's been 9 days of very little sleep and snot and tissues and cabin fever. It will get better, of course, but it's been a long rough week.

Still though, this is my life and I love every bit of it despite the challenges. And Scarlett, I especially love her.




No comments:

Post a Comment